We all love the look of curled, styled hair. What we don’t love is what curling irons can do to hair. Applying high heat can open up the hair cuticle, leaving hair dry and prone to breakage. Luckily, there are plenty of ways to add curls and waves to hair without heat damage. The best part? These overnight curls style your hair while you sleep, saving you time in the morning!
Keep reading for our favorite methods to get overnight curls. Plus, see how Toppik Hair Building Fibers can help you to style overnight curls and make your hair look its best.
3 Super-Easy Ways to Get Perfect Overnight Curls
1. Headband Curls
This overnight curling method only uses a soft fabric headband. So it’s much easier to sleep with than other heatless curl methods that use hair clips.
- Start with damp, freshly washed hair. Distribute a pea-size amount of Toppik Hair Fattener Advanced Thickening Serum evenly through your hair to add extra volume and body.
- Part hair in the middle. Then place a soft fabric headband over your head so that the headband circles around your forehead and crown.
- Next, divide hair into two sections. Take a small piece of hair in first section. Twist this piece away from your face, then wrap it around the fabric headband. Repeat process until all hair in the section is wrapped around the headband.
- Wrap the hair in the other section piece-by-piece using the same method. Be careful to twist hair away from the face.
- Spritz the twists with Toppik FiberHold Spray for extra grip and hold.
- Wait until hair is completely dry, then unwrap the twists and remove the headband. Finger comb hair to gently break up the waves.
2. Sponge Rollers
Like headband curls, sponge rollers are soft enough to sleep on. Small foam or sponge rollers can create tight, bouncy ringlets. In fact, when selecting sponge rollers, keep in mind that smaller curlers produce tighter curls.
- To style hair with sponge rollers, start by dividing clean, dry hair into four sections: the top, both sides, and the back.
- Starting at the front of the top section, wrap your hair away from your face around the sponge roller, then clip to fasten. Repeat the process with the rest of the hair in this top section. This will give you more flattering volume at the top of your head.
- Repeat the same method with the other three sections. Always be sure to wrap hair away from your face.
- In the morning, remove the curlers and finger comb hair to break up the curls.
- Since this method can give you big volume, it might expose some areas of scalp show-through. If this is the case, use a small amount of Toppik Hair Fibers in the sparse areas. Toppik Fibers have an electromagnetic charge that clings to your existing strands, making hair look thicker and fuller.
- Then finish with Toppik FiberHold Spray for extra hold and shine with long-lasting results.
3. The Ponytail Method
These heatless curls are perfect for when you want a heat-free hairstyle but don’t have a lot of time. All you need is a hair tie, a spray bottle filled with water, and a few hair clips.
- First, brush your hair to remove any tangles. Then, pull hair into a high ponytail and secure with a hair tie.
- Separate a one-inch section of hair from the ponytail and spritz with water until damp. If your hair tends to be extra dry or damaged, mix a small amount of Toppik Hair Building Conditioner into the water for extra hydration.
- Wrap the section around two fingers, as if you were wrapping it around a curling iron. Pull out your fingers, then use a hair clip to hold the curl in place.
- Repeat with the rest of the ponytail.
- Then, just wait for the hair to dry! While you can certainly sleep in this hairstyle, you can also do these heatless curls while you get ready to go out in the morning or in the evening. Just put your hair in the curls, then allow to dry while doing your makeup or getting dressed.
- Once hair is dry, remove clips from hair. Then, remove the hair tie and gently finger comb through hair to separate the curls.
Do you have a favorite method for overnight curls? Let us know in the comments!